Most of the pregnant ladies sometimes get confused when and what to pack for a hospital bag. You must pack things for yourself, for your baby, and for the partner separately. It can be possible that your baby can arrive before time or unexpected once you started labor pains.
You should start collecting the essential thing such as baby clothes and baby diapers and feeding bottles once your third trimester begins. It is always wise to prepare your bucket list for normal delivery or cesarean section delivery.
Therefore, make separate bags for each so you don’t get confused or forget things, which are important.
Preparing a hospital bag checklist is very essential for all pregnant women before your baby is ready to come. You should put all the necessary items, which you must carry with you.
However, the hospital sometimes hospital provides a few of the supplies and help you if you need anything important.
Here all the necessary things you must save on your hospital list. It would be advisable for you to pack for yourself.
1. Nightclothes or Robes – It pays to wear the emergency clinic nightie while conceiving an offspring as it will probably get grimy and afterward have your own agreeable PJs or nightie to change into later. Ensure they button through the front so you can breastfeed all the more without any problem.
Baggy pajamas or bottoms are always comfortable to wear and to go to the washroom. this time it is not the ideal opportunity for tight stockings. but remember to bring your comfortable robe as well.
2. Toiletries – It is important for all the mums to organized before going to the hospital for delivery. You should pack your bag first with all the essential toiletries.
Toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, hairbrush, body or face cream, and your favorite deodorants. You can take shower gel, face wash, shampoo, and conditioner with you as well.
3. Socks or warm shoes – Sometimes it is possible that you may feel cold in the hospital so that is a good idea to keep a pair of nice and warm socks and shoes in your bag. Your feet can be cold during labor or after the birth of the baby. Warm socks work little cozy and provide warmth to feet and body.
4. Personal cosmetics –You can carry your favorite cream, body lotion, or moisturizer. A little bit makeup stuff if needed. However, there is no need for perfume or any strong body scent because your newborn will incline toward your smell than others.
5. Face clothes – keep a face towel or face towel with you just if you need a cool pack for your face or neck. Carry some little packs of face tissue or face wipes. It will be handy for cleaning the face or hands if needed.
6. Napkins or pads – Hospital tissues sometimes can be harsh on the skin than the tissues you might be using at your home. So taking your own one roll of tissues can be a little help in pain. You can keep some pads or sanitary napkins.
7. Pillow cover or top sheet – If you are not comfortable with the hospital linen or hospital bed sheet then add a one-bed sheet or pillow cover into your hospital bag list.
8. Spare clothing – It is a good idea to have some extra pair of clothing during your hospital stay. This can be exceptionally convenient for you.
9. Extra rubber bands or clips – Even you don’t have extremely long hair but still, carry a few rubber bands or clips just to tie your hair if needed during breastfeeding.
10. Food and eatables – You can add snacks, chips, dry fruits, nut bars, chocolates, or candies in your hospital bag. It is essential to keep yourself hydrated so keep some juice boxes or drinks with you. You can carry your own personal water bottle as well.
11. Maternity cushions – if needed or recommended by your health care provider.
12. Extra pair of bras or maternity bras – After the birth of the baby, the breast can be full of milk and leaks out of the breast. It is better to put maternity and extra pair of bras into your bag.
Every time when you feed your baby it might be a chance your bra or shirt can get wet. Maternity shirts or bras can be handy while feeding your newborn. You can carry breast cushions if comfortable.
13. Areola cream or lotion – This can be helpful in relieving breast soreness and cracked nipples. Take your doctor’s advice if you can use it or not if doing breastfeeding.
14. Earplugs to avoid extra noises – In case if you are sharing the same delivery room with another new mom and baby, earplugs can be helpful.
15. Sandals or slippers
16. Notepad dairy or pen to keep a record of timings of breastfeeding or any other important thing.
17. The camera is additional if want to click pictures of you, family, and baby. Using your phone camera will be handy if you don’t have any camera.
18. Phone and phone charger/headphones
20. Cash money if stopping to buy something like drink or chips from candy or vending machines.
21. Phone numbers list
22. Birth plan, medical care, and health insurance if have.
23. Going home clothes
Pack for your baby
Prepare a separate bag for your baby. Some hospitals easily provide baby clothes for newborns but some don’t.
1. Nappies newborn
2. Baby clothing
3. Feeding bottles
4. Car seat
5. Newborn baby blanket
6. Cotton clothes
7. Baby wipes
9. Newborn booties, mittens, leggings.
10. Announcement plaque and announcement outfits.
11. Baby cap and jacket
For your partner
1. Pair of clothes to change
2. Comfortable shoes
3. Wristwatch if needed
4. Phone and charger
5. Identification papers
7. Toothbrush and toothpaste
8. The home key
Once your hospital bag is fully prepared, you will be all set to go.
More Interesting Stuff you like to Know :
Everyday Newborn baby Care Guidelines for Moms
How You Can Boost Breast Milk Formulation
I am experienced health professional (B.Sc. Nursing, P.GD Nursing). I am passionate to provide valuable information about Maternal and child Health. My goal is to provide the right and trustworthy information about pregnancy and baby care.